Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Mayan Riviera

So, Mexico is not into WiFi in the resort area. I had hoped that I would be able to update the blog daily, but alas....I have to wait till I'm back here in good ol T-town. So here goes...



Mexico; where the people come to bathe topless, drink umbrella-less drinks, offer you trinkets, and make quesadillas with goat cheese. It is also a place that has the most beautiful beaches that I have ever seen. If you want a beautiful tropical vacation just outside the U. S. and A., then Meh-hicko it is!



We stayed at an all-inclusive resort in Riviera Maya. This is part of the Yucatan peninsula and was originally home to the Mayans. I mean, the land was...their..home....NOT the resort. Anyway, the accommodations were very nice. The mini bar in the room was fee, I got free house shoes, free drinks, free food, free catamaran excursions, free snorkeling, but best of all......FREE SOFTSERVE ICE CREAM! Good times.



We went with a couple that we have been friends with for a long time. Todd Craig is a close friend of mine. He lived through being my roommate in college and we became close friends staring with being co-counselors at Kanakuk Kamps. He and his wife Stephenie went with us and we have that kind of friendship where he and I get along, she and Rach get along, and we like each other's spouses too....rarely happens!



All we did was lay on the beach, swim at the pool, fall asleep in hammocks, eat, watch live shows with a little too much butt cheek showing, eat, snorkel, eat, rent hobiecats, eat softserve ice cream, and we also ate a bit too. Here are some pictures of our time at the beach.



Enjoy...




No comments: