Tuesday, September 18, 2007

22 Miles A Week

So last week I ran....and ran....and ran. We did 5 miles for 3 days. Then on Saturday, I punished myself and Aaron and I ran 7 miles. Wait, did you read that right...yep. 7 MILES!!!

This has been a really cool thing the past month. Apart from my right foot falling asleep on the third mile, all has been really good. I went to Fleet Feet to address the foot issue. What I thought was going to be a 30 minute process turned into 2 hours. I had to run on a treadmill while they videoed me, told me what I was doing (Overpronating.) Then, they gave me 4 different brands of shoes, made me run in them all and narrowed it down to the best shoe for me. When I told the lady helping me that I like the way another shoe looked (actually a more expensive brand) she said that my foot didn't know how my shoe looked so it didn't matter. Hmmm, works for me!

So, my goal is to run a half-marathon (13.1 miles) at the end of November. The Route 66 Marathon is here in Tulsa and will be a great goal! I'm not planning on running that fast, since a 10 minute mile kicks my butt, but mainly just want to finish!

If you see me around, be sure to ask how it's going. I could use the accountability!

No comments: