Sunday, October 12, 2008

Band LifeGroup

Every week during the message at the 10am experience, the band and I get together in the green room. We sit down and have a small group together. This is a great way for me as a Pastor to help get a pulse on what is going on with my band at home, spiritually, personally, etc...

We took a small break during the summer but have since started meeting and this time is very crucial (can't believe I took a break) for me to connect with the peeps in the band. Today we talked about obedience. In My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers, we looked at October 10th's reading.

The cool thing is that it talks about knowing God and being Holy through simple obedience, rather than knowledge or intellect. That is huge! I grew up trying to know God by amassing knowledge about Him, and then not really doing anything with it. It's one thing to be able to exegete a passage of scripture, it's completely different to actually obey what I know God's word says.

So, check out the reading (here) and let me know what you think.

Derrick

No comments: