Saturday, June 30, 2007

Freebie Family

Lately the Henslee family has been looking for opportunities to be together while spending little or no money....just plain ol being creative and not feeling the need for the dinner and a movie fix.


We're trying to wipe out our debt and so we've taken measures to keep from overspending so that we can get out of debt (including the house) sooner...rather than later. Thankfully, we've been given several gift certificates. One of which was to Starbucks. Mmmmm, although my coffee snob friends prefer Double Shot Coffee at least Starbucks is as they say, "consistent mediocrity." All I care about is that they all make my tall organic carmel macchiato right. The whole coffee-nazi of the aforementioned Double Shot Coffee company is an altogether different post in and of itself. Good stories there....I digress...

Anyway, I have been really enjoying making time with my family to talk about the now, the future, and the, "why didn't we do that?" philosophical dialogue. Rachel and I have been so busy lately with vacations, business trips, and an upcoming mission trip, that we HAVE to have these meetings in order to keep ourselves sane. What are some of the things you do to keep yourself sane? What do you do with you family on a regular basis?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Derrick -

Jeff Riles here, we met at Inside and Out ...

in OKC you can go Kayaking for free on the Oklahoma river ... its free, and it keeps me and my buddies sane

http://www.chesapeakeboathouse.org