Friday, June 29, 2007

NashVegas

Well, part of my job is to help out my counterparts in a certain region of Lifechurch.tv campuses. I've had the joy of being at the Wellington, FL campus to help the launch there. Edmond and Stillwater are both here in Oklahoma so they're easier to visit. But, since its launch, I've never been to the Hendersonville campus. This past weekend I got to hang out with Brandon Frazier a lot. He's the Worship Pastor there and frankly is doing an amazing job! Even with first time band people who've never heard of Lifechurch.tv, they were freakin great! I mean, c'mon...it's Nashville.

Anyway, got to help Branflake out with his new ProTools rig and some ground work on Reason. Both programs can be overwhelming at first, so I just dumb everything down for myself....who needs to re-route the path of the vocoder to a splitter, then to a gate, and a flanger anyway? These are a couple tools we use to create audio loops with and use on the weekend experiences.

In the down times, I got to explore Nashville a little bit. We went downtown and had chips and salsa, while overlooking the main street where all the bars and clubs were. I laid eyes on one of the first locations of the Grand Ole Opry....the Ryman Auditorium. I'm not the biggest bluegrass or coutry fan, but this piece of music history is pretty cool.

Here are some photos of my trip...


.

No comments: