Friday, August 3, 2007

I'll Do It Myself!

Man, lately I've been preparing for an upcoming mission trip to Costa Rica. Yes, we'll be at the beach. Yes, we'll be suffering for Jesus. Now, I am co-leading the trip and we're breaking it up into two parts: construction and music. Yep, you guessed it...I will NOT be leading the construction phase! Here's what I've been dealing with...

I've secured a band, entailing one bassist, one guitarist, and one drummer...wait, make that four drummers. What I mean is that I have secured four separate drummers and all of them have backed out on me. The most recent was only two weeks ago! So, I'm relying on a relationship I started to build with a local in Puerto Viejo named Charlie. Charlie is an old rocker! He is a larger than life character and Charlie doesn't know Jesus.

So, should I be afraid that I don't have a drummer? Or should I instead be looking at this situation and thank God that He has got something brewing? I'm gonna go with the latter. Be praying for me and for the team if you get a moment. Pray for safety in traveling. Pray for relationships that we've established to be deepened and that we would be able to share Jesus with those who don't know him! I'll post pics soon!

No comments: