Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm Askin For It!

Yep, I ran the half-marathon a little over two weeks ago. Now, this weekend I'm running a measly 5k. I got a small addiction to running over the past few months. Part of it is the hangout time with people that I enjoy being around, and the other part of it is challenging myself and meeting goals. At any rate, in order to meet another large goal that I've set for myself, I will have to participate in smaller races through the winter to keep up the goal setting pace!

This weekend we are running in the Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis in Tulsa. There are a lot of people that singed up from the Tulsa campus of Lifechurch.tv. We have formed a team and will be wearing some nice red shirts that advertise our church and point people to the website. If everyone who signed up at church actually registers, we'll raise at least $1,000 for Arthritis and we'll have around 50 people running together. If you would like to donate, you can do so at my donation site. We're really trying to find ways to partner with our community and reach out while making people aware of our presence in the area.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are inspiring Derrick!

Amanda said...

Good Work! There are worse things to be addicted to that's for sure!

Derrick Henslee said...

Well, I'm glad to be an inspiration. I feel that my expanding borders are diminishing and that is definitely due in part to the running!

Hmmm, I wonder if my friend Rob's wife will be running tomorrow?