Friday, November 16, 2007

Prep for Insanity

I went downtown today and picked up my number for the impending Route 66 Marathon. I am not subjecting myself to the full torture but only 50% of the torture! I'll be running a 13.1 mile half-marathon on Sunday! I bought a couple of items to make my time a little easier. I bought Body Glide, which is less naughty than some of you may be thinking. I also got 4 pairs of Balega socks. Not that I plan on using all four but at least one pair for sure, and it was buy 3 get 1 free. So, with my tech shirt, running dri-shorts, specially fitted running shoes, synthetic running socks, red bandanna, and race bib number 5315...I will be sweating across the finish line in style and comfort, along with some sobbing probably.

2 comments:

steve said...

Awesome! If somebody would of said a year ago that you would run a half-marathon, 13.1 miles I am guessing you would of said they are nuts! not now! nope! you did it! what a great accomplishment! Great job!

Derrick Henslee said...

Thanks bud! You've been a great encouragement this whole time. I've really enjoyed the company when we've been running. Don't think I could do it without you and the crew! See you at a jogging path near you!